Family law practitioners (and others) in the Edmonton area may be interested in attending a session on May 26, 2016 about the intersection between family and immigration law. The organizers have provided the following information:
You are invited to join us for a free seminar to learn more about the aspects of immigration law and practice that affect our family law clients. This seminar will cover the following topics (and more!):
- background on the various pathways to Permanent Residence status/Refugee Claims sponsorship applications
- the impact of relationship breakdowns
- conditional Permanent Residence status
- requesting an exemption from the conditional provision
- sponsorship and child/spousal support
- child custody and removals
- Q&A with our presenters
Presenters: Ruth Williams (Immigration Staff Lawyer, Family Law Office), and Robyn Thomas (Manager of Immigration Services, Regulated Canadian IMM Consultant, Edmonton Community Legal Centre)
When: Thursday May 26, 4-7pm
Where: Family Law Office (Legal Aid Alberta) 10310 Jasper Avenue – 7th floor
Refreshments will be provided.
This event is hosted by Marie Gordon and Andrea Doyle, with thanks to the Family Law Office and ECLC.
SPACE IS LIMITED – please RSVP to email@example.com